Monday 16 May 2011

Hopes for Bristol and June Exams

Hi all,

So, after getting my rejection letter from Oxford soon after I returned (printed on fancy, 'screw you, you commoner' paper, and delivered in time before Christmas), I shrugged my shoulders and looked towards Bristol.

I loved it there when I went on an open day back in October. Such a vibrant and friendly place. It's genuinely the only place in the UK where I've thought "You know what, I wouldn't mind living here". I guess one of the many things I like about the place is that it has a really good balance of both City and Countryside. I didn't get a chance to walk across the Clifton Suspension Bridge to view the Avon valley properly, but from what I saw, it was one of the most beautiful natural sights I've seen within the UK.

My impression of the University was the direct reflection of my thoughts on the city itself. Unlike the other Uni's *COUGH Oxford COUGH*, Bristol's Professors were more down-to-earth and less lacking in social skills. The course is what attracts me the most, especially the Year Abroad scheme. They've got links to loads of places, but I'm turning my attention to Berkeley, near San Francisco. That's the (American) dream! I'll probably write a blog another time to do with why I'm going for USA over the other countries...

So, three A grades in August means I'm in to Bristol. I'm pretty much set with Maths. After getting 100% in my C3 exam which I sat in January, I only have to get two marks in my C4 exam to secure myself an A grade. Might aswell try for the A*, but I'm not gonna push myself for it. Computing coursework is all done and dusted, thank fuck (I use a strong word for my strong feelings), so I THINK I've secured myself an A grade there. The written test may prove a slight challenge because it's wordy, and I don't like wordy exams. Further Maths is going alright for me. I reckon I just need to keep up the revision.

I know I might seem like I'm chatting a lot about Universities and Exams and grades etc. but I guess the truth is that you remember the most about the stuff you're focused on. And there probably aren't too many people my age who aren't thinking similar things. Then again, everyone's different.

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment