Tuesday 24 May 2011

The End is Near

Hi all,

After reading through other people's blogs, I'm starting to think that I need more imagery, especially at the top of the page; it's looking a bit plain at the moment. A redesign of the blog is due. Not sure when that'll happen though.

I'd like to take this opportunity to welcome Andrew and Angelo to the world of blogging. They're really good friends of mine; people I can rely on, and people who have always been there for me. I can't say much about their blog at the moment because they've only posted a couple of entries each, but they like talking about what's wrong with the world, as do I. Check their blogs out if you can; they've even given insight into their backgrounds. The great thing about blogging is that it makes you realise how people think differently, and the ability to speak freely about your opinions, or however much you wish to reveal them to the world.

Had my last ever day of timetabled lessons today (and lessons, for that matter). I'm not feeling much at the moment, but I guess when I get around to acknowledging the things I'll be missing out on, sadness will briefly make an appearance. No more seeing the same teachers and saying "Orright Sir!" or "Orright Miss!" as you walk past. No more seeing the same classmates almost every day. No more banter in the classrooms. No more feeling like the oldest kids around the two schools. No more casual talk with teachers during lessons. No more free education.

I guess the sadness will start seeping in tomorrow after Leaver's Mass. No doubt that some girls will shed tears - perhaps a few guys but they won't speak of it. As Head Boy, I'll be doing a speech during the service. I'll leave my speech as a surprise in case I spoil anything. Don't worry, I won't be bludgeoning religion or leaving everyone feeling angry (I hope). As much as I love venting my opinions (as do most people), I absolutely hate making people angry or upset. The only thing I'm remotely awkward about is the fact that I'll be doing the First Reading during the Mass. Not on the fact that I feel strange about saying these words like "the Lord our God", because they're no more than words to me, but more because I wouldn't like to offend anyone by doing these readings. Then again, Muslims and Hindus will be present during the Mass, so I won't be totally isolated (along with a few other Atheists) in my thoughts about the meaning behind the 'Words of God'. If you're in Year 13, I'll see you tomorrow.

Until next time.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the speech! Wish I could be there to hear it.

    ReplyDelete