Tuesday 17 May 2011

Leaving Free Education

Hi all,

Since I've been going on about stuff that's happened in the past, I thought I should start to blog properly about stuff that happens day-by-day.

Today was a pretty good day, everyone seemed to be in a good mood, despite the fact that it's the second day of exam season. I still don't think it's sunk in yet about how close I am to leaving the Sixth Form. Only a week left until we're given Study Leave. Needless to say, the biggest change will be not seeing the same faces each week, and not seeing my friends each day. I don't know anyone else in the Sixth Form who are likely to go to Bristol. Probably better that way though. New beginnings!

I've requested to do a speech at the Leaver's Mass (held just before we're given Study Leave). I guess they won't say no because I'm the Head Boy, but this is just me assuming. I want to do a speech because I'd like to give a kind of 'sign-off' to the rest of the students. Also, I'd like to feel as though I've actually fulfilled my title. There are other people who I think the title of Head Boy should have been given to; people that actually get involved regularly in societies and take leadership. As I've found out from my time trying to fundraise for an Expedition to Uganda, I really don't like taking charge of things. I don't like bossing other people. I don't like having to make the main decisions. I especially don't like it when there's money involved.

Ah, Leaver's Ball...
So, if anyone from the Sixth Form is reading this, are you going? The answer from most people seems to be "Ahh I dunno man, are you going?!" or "£50? DAS A BUMP BRUV".
I'll say that I'm going, to encourage others to go. Also I'm kinda obliged to. Lol.

This'll probably have to be explained in another post, or will never be explained at all, but I will genuinely miss my Further Maths classes, primarily because of the brainchild of two people in the class; Kaiser 'Face to Face' Iqbal and Jad 'Big 12' El-Houssami

Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment