Wednesday 20 October 2010

Trying Something New

Hi people!

So, I've finally entered the world of blogging. Thought I might as well share my thoughts with the world. Helps to keep me sane, I hope :P

Firstly, bit of background info on myself:
I live in an area of East London called Newham, a place which I consider to be crime-ridden, impoverished, struggling, but more importantly, my home. You'll probably know it as "The place where the 2012 Olympics are going to be held".  I'm still in education at the moment, currently in my last year at sixth form, studying Maths, Computing and Further-Maths-In-A-Year. You could argue that I'm not exactly a computer scientist, because I only study 'computing' as oppose to 'computer science'. Hopefully this time next year I'll be able to fulfil that title by studying for a degree in Computer Science at Uni. Fingers crossed for Oxford!

I've been interested in the world of computers for most if not all of my memorable life, and my guess is that it stems from my general interest in all things logical, mathematical, and explainable (if that's a word). Modern times see computers being used for practically everything we humans come into contact with, from things such as a book, to the cereal we eat for breakfast. Somewhere in an item's manufacture, a computer has been busy calculating how much cereal has been poured into a bag, or sending data to a printer that stamps letters onto a page. Heck, just take a look at what you are using right now. The versatility of computers also captures my interest, as we can now develop systems capable of simulating real-life events that would otherwise mean risking someone's life, or creating worlds where we can interact and feel a part of. The complexity and creativity that is imposed on modern and future computing makes it difficult for me to currently choose one single aspect of it to focus on. Computers have no limitations, so it would seem silly to limit myself too.

hmm... how should I sign off a blog?

:D

No comments:

Post a Comment