Friday 22 October 2010

Looking forward to the future

Went through an MAT paper with my maths teacher today (Oxford maths admissions test), proved quite a challenge, for both of us. The confidence is building though, which can only be a good thing. I guess its all about thinking of problems in more than one way. Part of the principles of problem solving, I guess. I felt smarter afterwards, ahah. :P

Went for dinner with my cousins earlier, was really cool, one of them I hadn't seen in over 5 years. Good to know that most people don't change for the worst.

And so, the start of half term begins. No procrastinations included.   Okay maybe a little bit :) Downloading Fallout: New Vegas as I'm typing this!

You know what, bankers and economists might work in the financial sector, but it's the computer scientists who are among the world's most influential and richest people in the world. Take Bill Gates, or Mark Zuckerberg. Sure, they were Harvard dropouts, but what they created made the world develop into what it is today. Heck, it's only recently that a film has been made about the creation of Facebook. Do I want to be like one of them? I wouldn't mind, but I don't think I'm that much of a social recluse to do so. Still, it'd be nice, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment