Thursday 6 October 2011

New Chapter


Hi all,

I was meant to post on my first day at Uni, but I've had so much to think about and do, I keep forgetting to, or fail to make enough time to blog.

So, I've begun my 4-year journey through Bristol University. The first day was quite surreal and to be honest, at times I was quite overwhelmed. My flatmates are some of the most awesome people I've met, and at times they remind me of my friends back in London. We haven't often ventured to the hall bar, mainly because we all click well and have a better time doing pre-drinks in our block. Thinking about it now, drinking on consecutive days probably isn't wise. Might try and sober myself up properly over the weekend, in time for my first lectures. I keep zoning out so much it's unreal.

Bristol's such a different place to London. Aside from the difference in ethnic minorities, the atmosphere seems so much more welcoming than in London. Whether that's to do with the fact that I've mostly been hanging around enthusiastic students is probably a factor to consider. My main gripe is the lack of a cheap supermarket nearby like ASDA or Lidl. I have to rely on Tesco Express and Sainsbury's, hardly on the working class man's budget. I think my diet for this week will ruin me slightly, but I can make up for that starting from next week.

Since my head's still ticking over, constantly thinking of what to do, It's kinda difficult to think of other things to say about Uni so far apart from that I'm really enjoying it, and really glad that I'm in good company!

Until next time, question everything, accept nothing without evidence.

No comments:

Post a Comment